Monday, May 30, 2005

So she's 4 months old...

Makayla has been doing so much lately, I think I might leave something out. Well, let me jumped right into this cause I know you have all been waiting on some good updates... and this is a good one. So... at 4 months:
  • She has found her hands... or maybe her mouth... i'm not really sure. Either way her fingers are always in her mouth. She even gags herself, but I don't think she realizes she does it. After she gags, she looks around with this look on her face as if trying to say "hey... knock that off!"

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

  • She likes to play with her toys now. I lay them on top on her and she will hold them, look at them, and chew on them... if she can get them into her mouth.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

  • She can turn herself around in her excersaucer, and plays with 5 out of 8 of the toys that are on there.
  • This girl "talks" and smiles non-stop. Her personality is really starting to shine through.
  • She sucks on her tounge and lips, which ends up making the kissing sound, so of course I can't help myself. I have to blow kisses back to her.
  • She now props herself up on her arms when she is on her tummy, and attemps to reach for toys that are put in front of her.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

  • She has masterd our bedtime routine. We have dinner, a bath, a story, and a prayer. I then lay her in her crib on her back and she will roll over to her right side, cuddle up with her blanket and binkie and fall asleep on her own. Even during the day when she is tired I can lay her in her bed with a blanket and binkie and she will go to sleep on her own. But she has to have a blanket to put in her hands, and against her face.
  • She now likes bath time. She doesn't mind getting washed up, or getting her hair washed, but she gets pissed when we have to rinse her hair.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

  • She sleeps through the night. Well... for our military life, it's sleeping through the night. I have to be up at 4am and I get her up around 5am.
  • On the weekends she wakes up around 5am to get changed and eat, then she goes back to sleep until 7:30am. Then we go to mommy's bed for a "nap" until around 10am. I know.... I know... sneaky mommy!
  • She eats ceral and green beans from a spoon, but still drinks 5oz of milk with it. She is suck a porker!
  • And... for the big surprise...drum roll please.... this morning she rolled from her back to her stomach twice and this afternoon she rolled from her stomach to her back four times! I was so shocked I couldn't stand it. This morning she was laying on our bed, so she MIGHT have been using my weight pushing the mattress down to roll over, but I have to give her this afternoon cause she was laying on her blanket, on the flat floor and she did it 4 times back to back with out hesitation.

I can't believe how much she is growing already. When I first started this page I was scared the posts were going to be about nothing for the first 5 or 6 months, or at least until she started crawling, but boy was I wrong! I could get on here every day, because that's about that often she does something to amaze me.

I am almost completly caught up with her scrapbook. I just have her first trip to Virginia to put in there. That creative streak I got the other day really payed off, and actually lasted 2 whole days. I have started printing off the pictures from my digital camera on the 30th of every month, so I can keep track of which pictures of her go with what age. So today I will get the VA pages done, print off the 3 month pictues and get those pages started.

For those that are wondering my family reunion is from the 1st of July to the 4th of July (I think.) It is going to be in Oakland Ca, and as far as I know we are going to have a pretty good turn out. It will be my sisters first time on a plane. She will be in Cali longer than I will, but at least we will get to see eachother.

I have a feeling I missed a few things to put in here, but there's always tomorrow. She has an appointment tommorow so I will be back on here to let you all know how big she has gotten. I hope you all had a great Memorial Day Weekend!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THERE IS ONE THING I NEED FROM YOU, OUR LITTLE ANGEL. I HAVE THIS PINK OUTFIT. THIS IS MY THING. I NEED TO BORROW YOUR PINK SHOES TO COMPLETE IT!!

YOU ARE GROWING MORE BEAUTIFUL EVERY DAY.

AUNTY LOUISE

Anonymous said...

HELLO MY LITTLE COUSIN,

I THINK YOU ARE EATING MORE THAN SWEET PEAS AND CEREAL. YOU ARE GROWING SO FAST! LET MOM KNOW THAT THE REASON YOU ARE SUCKING YOUR FINGERS IS BECAUSE YOU NEED A STEAK. :) I LOVE YOU.

TONYA