Friday, May 27, 2005

Green Beans are a GO!!

Thats right... Kayla has started with the veggies today. I was talking with this lady who did an "evaluation" of Makayla at almost four months, and she said it was a good time to start her on some vegetables. I have had her eating cereal for the last couple of weeks and she is doing great with that. This lady says its good to start the veggies around four to five months so they have that nutrients in their bodies when their teeth start coming in. I thought that made lots of since (plus I get really excited when we get to try new things) so I rushed out and got some green beans and carrots. I decided I will do green beans for 3 or 4 days just to make sure her system is OK with that. I don't want to do all different types of foods in 1 day and have her break out or get irregular bowel movements and me not be able to tell which food she had the reaction to. When she started to eat them she was really hungry, and I don't think she felt like she was eating so after maybe 5 spoons she started crying. I gave her the 5oz bottle I had for her and when she was done with that I gave her more green beens. She didn't make any weird faces like I thought she would. I can't begin to imagine what it would be like to be experiencing taste for the first time, even if it is just bland baby food. I'm personally not big on vegetables, and neither is Duncan, so I figured maybe I can break the chain with her. We are not going to do fruits for a few more months. I want her to get good and used to the veggies first... then we can start on the sweeter stuff!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

As you can see we made quite the mess with this. She had the biggest bib she owns on and still managed to get her shirt dirty. This bib goes all the way to her knees and can wrap around her shoulders, but those arms and hands NEVER stop. So much for keeping the shirt clean but ya gotta love it.

I have so much more to tell you all, but I hit a "creative streak" and if I don't use it on the scrapbook right now it will disappear and it will be another couple of weeks that the scrapbook will be neglected. I have completed up to her 2nd month, so wish me luck that I get caught up since next week will be the begining of our 4th month with Makayla... YEAAA!!! Expect a big update on the 4 month post!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEY GIRL!!! Looks like the little one has the eating thing down.... I can't believe she's eating with a spoon already! My goodness, she's growing so fast :). Definately too cute.