Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Happy Birthday Dad!

I know... again, i'm a little late! Duncan's birthday was on Saturday. We had a pretty relaxing day. A co-worker of mine watched Makayla while we went to the movie and out to dinner. We saw XXX 2, which wasn't to bad. There were some very unrealistic parts, but that's what you go to the movies for right? Then we went to eat at Red Lobster. I couldn't wait to get back to my baby, but we had a really good time.

Duncan shared his birthday with Makayla's 3 month "birthday". It seems like just the other day I was on here writing about her turning 2 months old. Man these days are flying! Well, when it comes to her the days fly. If you ask me about work it's a different story. Funny how that works.

I finally made the transfer, fully, from her bassinet to her bed. She is doing great! I am doing... well, lets just say I think I get less sleep with her in the other room, even though she sleeps through the night. :-) She is talking so much more now. She has learned to scream... a little bit. It was really cute the first time she did it. I was standing over her and talking to her in the usual baby talk. She was talking back with a huge smile on her face. All of a sudden she let out this high pitched scream and her face turned serious. It looked like she shocked herself. I started laughing and she started smiling again.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I think she has started teething. Have I posted about that already? Anyways, some days she just doesn't seem like herself. She seems kind of grumpy at times. I check her temp. but it's never out of range. She drools like crazy some days, then others there's nothing. I guess we will wait and see.

I took her to the doctor today because her face has been really dry and red. After the lotion and baby oil stopped helping I decided I better get it looked at. The doc said she has a mild case of eczema. She gave me come hydrocortisone cream and told me to keep her face moisturized with something heavy like vaseline. She now weights 14 lbs and is 24 and a half inches long! I know... I know... she's getting so big! I bet she passes me up in height when she gets older. Hopefully she sees it as a blessing and not a curse. I really hated being the tallest girl in grade school.

Here are the pictures that we had taken of her when she was 2 and a half months old. They are kind of blury because I had to take pictures of the pictures. We really need to get a scanner. But at least you all are able to get the main idea. I will have some pictures in the mail soon.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I have a little more time on my hands now that Im done with the class I was taking. I won't be able to take another class until October. Fort Knox has run out of tuition assistance. We can find the money to build schools over seas, but now its taking away from our own people. Sorry... just had to get that out. Anyways, heres Duncan reading to Makayla so I could study for my final. I usual do the bedtime routine but I really needed to study. It paid off, cause I passed with a B.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Today I put Makayla in her saucer (as you can see below) so she could see me while I cooked dinner. She was so tired. She usually does some kind of complaining when shes tired, but this was the out come today!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Well, I am extremely tired so im off to bed with the rest of the pack. I'm not going to take the time to proof read this, so bear with me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think everytime I look on here she has gotten bigger. She is so cute!

Anonymous said...

She is so cute! You need to update my link (its not Motherhood Times Three anymore) :)

I hope that you can take your classes again soon, although I personally won't complain about overseas schools (not if your talking about DOD schools) because I graduated from one. If it wasn't for them I wouldn't be able to accompany my husband when we got our first orders.

Hug that little (or not so little by the day!) baby for me.