Wednesday, April 27, 2005

We have pierced ears!

Last Sunday we took Makayla to the mall and got her ears pierced. I couldn't believe the paperwork I had to fill out. They actually have a notary there! I was talking to the lady about the piercing and she said they would be able to do it because the notary was there. I thought I heard her wrong. I literally had to fill out 3 pieces of paper and sure enough the last one, the guy actaully pulled out the notary stamp and notarized it after I signed it. I started getting nervous. I felt like I was signing her over to the store or something. The only thing I have ever had to have notarized is the paperwork for "arrangements" for Makayla if I get deployed. Anyways, dad had to hold her...of course. What... I can't be the bad guy! :-) I have to be the one that comforts her afterwards! Kayla was fine while the lady was putting the dots on her ears to show me where the earrings would be. My poor baby SCREAMED her head off when she got the actual piercings. She turned so red! Duncan looked really nervous. He said he wasn't expecting her to scream that loud. She only cried for about 2 mins, then she was fine. She seemed a little touchy the rest of the day, but pretty close to her normal self. She has had the earrings almost a week now, and is fine until I have to clean them.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Something I found out during this whole event was that she has the same sign as me, which is aquarius, but she doesn't have the same birthstone. I was sure birthstones went by your sign, but I found out they go by the actual month you were born. Since she was born January 30th she has a Ruby birthstone and I have an Amethyst birthstone. I bought her some purple sunglasses the other day to match the earrings we were going to get her but... well we all see how that turned out.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Last night Makayla slept in her own room, in her crib! I have tried a couple of times to put her in the crib after she falls asleep, but she seemed to wake up and cry. It was confusing me at first. It was almost like she could sense that she was somewhere else. Then I thought about it. When she is in our room, in her basinett she wakes up, but is fine. She usually stares at the animals that are hanging over her head, and talks to herself until she falls back to sleep. Well, when she is in her crib and she wakes up, she is in a much larger space. It was probably making her a little scared. I was also checking out the firmness of her bassinett mattress and her crib mattress. The crib is a lot firmer. So last night I took a fluffy blanket that she has, folder it in half and laid her on that. I also swaddled her, so she would feel more secure. I laid her directly under her mobile, and waited. I pulled out my homework, sat in her glider and read for about an hour before she started with her usual wake up. Sure enough about an hour after she fell asleep she woke up (which she does in her bassinett also.) She wiggled her arms out of the swaddle, as usual, and stared at the mobil. I went over and offered the pacifier, but she spit it out and continued to stare. I went back over to the glider (out of her view), and just waited for her to cry. I read almost 4 sections of my book before I looked over again and she was asleep. I was so happy!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Well, around 1 in the morning I thought I heard her grunting a little, so naturally I reached over, into her bassinet to rub her head and tummy to comfort her and all I felt was a flat cold sheet. Next thing I know I am standing in the middle of my room with the lights on, with my heart in my throat and sweating. I honestly don't remember getting up, or turning on the light, but there I was... and there she wasn't! She made another noise from her room and I almost collapsed with relief. I went in there to check on her and she was still asleep. I tried to give her the pacifier but she spit it out and continued to talk in her sleep. I waited there for a few mins to make sure she wasn't going to wake up, then I went back to bed. Almost the same thing happened around 3 in the morning. This time I reached for her and jumped up, but realized what was going on before I gave myself another heart attack. She was working on waking up this time so I moved her to her bassinet, and rubber her tummy like I usually do and she went back to sleep until I woke her up for daycare.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

You've just gotta love that cute face!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!! How cute!

Anonymous said...

NOW YOU KNOW THIS IS AN AMERICAN TOP MODEL FACE, KEEP SMILING ANGEL.
YOUR COUSIN,
TONYA










T

Anonymous said...

I THOUGHT I HAD SEEN THE MOST PRECIOUS SMILE EVER THE FIRST TIME I SAW YOU SMILE MEL. YOU HAVE CREATED AN ANGEL IN YOUR IMAGE. AND SHE LOVES THE CAMERA! CAN YOU TELL? :)'S!
AUNTY LOUISE