Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Grandpa came to visit!

Duncan's dad works in Kansas, and went home to VA to visit last week. On his way back to Kansas he stopped by Knox and stayed the night with us. We went out to dinner at a new Asian Buffet in a near by town. Duncan and I go there often. It's really good food! Makayla was actually a wake for most of it. Duncan's dad kept calling her a "normal sized baby." He was lucky enough to see both of his grandchildren in one trip.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
His grandson Adam is almost 1 years old and is the cutest, chunky little guy. Makayla hasn't met Adam yet. The whole family is supposed to come to visit sometime early next month! We are looking forward to it. I know Duncan misses his mom and can't wait to see her. He's such a momma's boy! It will be nice for her to have both of her children and grandchildren together!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Well, as you can see, we have made a few changes to the page! I changed the background, mainly because I couldn't fix the side bar on the other one. This whole page is html formatted, and I know nothing about html formatting. I stared at the layout and tried to figure out how to get the sidebar back up to the top of the page, but it looked like a foreign language to me. I asked a few people, but they either never responded, or had no idea what I was talking about. I also added links to some of the sites that I visit on a regular basis (or at least try to visit regularly.) I was coached through making the links by Diyosa... thanks!

Makayla is starting to stay awake more during the day and sleep more at night! Like I said, she was awake for most of the dinner we went to this past weekend, and yesterday she was awake for almost all of Duncan's Volleyball game. She slept through dinner at Denny's last night, but when she went to bed at 10pm she didn't wake up again until 4:45am. (and that's with out the cereal!)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I also dropped my first tear the other morning when I was dropping her off. I know... almost three months later and now I want to start crying. It was just so weird. Makayla always wakes up in a good mode. I wake up at 4:15am and all the way up until I wake her up I am in a bad mood, cursing the army and day I joined. As soon as she wakes up she gives me the world biggest smile and I know everything is going to be OK. Well, that morning she just gave me a little smirk and that was it. She was fine while I changed her, fed her and talked to her. When I put her in her car seat she started crying. I figured she just wanted some more loves so I took her out and talked and rocked her some more, but nothing seemed to work. Duncan came down stairs to check on her. We fed her some more, burped her, but nothing seemed to work. I was running late so I just put her in her seat and in the car and off we went. I talked to her the whole way and she was fine for the whole 2 and a half min drive. When we got there she started crying again. I signed the paper work and took her out of the seat. She was just not happy at all. I felt SO guilty leaving her. The sitter's husband laughed at me because I just didn't want to hand her over. When I got in the car the tears were so built up. I tried to find any song on any CD to cheer me up. It was under control by the time I got to work. I called the sitter a couple of hours later to make sure she was ok, and she was sleeping. I guess she complained for a little while longer, but eventually just knocked out. She was telling me that her youngest son started cutting teeth at Makayla's age. It hadn't crossed my mind because shes not even 3 months old yet. Then I thought about it and the night before at Duncan's game she was drooling like crazy! I couldn't figure out what was going on. I thought she was just so mesmerized by all the people and balls flying around. She is still drooling a little. I guess we will find out soon.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Isn't that smile SO priceless? I can never get enough of it. That is all I look forward to all day. Usually half way through the day I come on this page just to see that smile.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow. I have to drive to Indianapolis to inspect the Crane Commissary. It seems like all of a sudden we are losing our food inspectors and our distict is giving us more to do. I could take the time and explain that... but I'm sure I would lose most of you, so I will leave well enough alone.

No comments: