Tuesday, April 05, 2005

2 Months Old!

Ok... I know... i'm a little late. She's been 2 months old for seven days now, but we are busy around here! Let's see... where should I start? Well, the day Makayla turned 2 months old we had to go get her first set of shots. I felt sick to my stomach all day, I was so nervous. For the first time... when I went to pick her up from daycare, I wanted to leave her there. I kept thinking "At least here she's safe from the upcoming pain!" But I knew what I had to do, so we were on our way. I called Duncan twice on the way to the hospital, which is about a 5 min. drive, to make sure he was going to be there. The thought of me having to hold her freaked me out. We sat there for about 45 mins, but finally it was our turn. I thought they would have Duncan sit and hold her on his lap. Boy was I wrong. They laid her on the bed, and he had to use his arm to hold her arms down and his other hand to hold both of her feet. Then the doctor was grabbing her legs to give her the shots. My poor baby looked so panicked! It looked like they were holding down a wild animal. I paced the room while they poked one leg once, and the other twice. She only cried for a few seconds, then she was back to her smiling self. This was her when we got home.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And this was when I woke her up to eat and get changed. See that smile?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Well, I knew that wasn't going to be the hard part. The worst was yet to come. We laid down to take a nap while daddy went back to work. He had a Volleyball game in a couple hours so we were planned on getting some rest so we could go watch him play. A couple hours after we went to sleep she woke up and was screaming like she was being murdered. I woke up and felt sick to my stomach and had a screaming headache. I felt so horrible for her. I tried everything to calm her down, but nothing seemed to work. I talked, sang, rocked her, walked around the house, bounced her, but nothing worked. At this point I'm crying because I felt like "what's the point in me being "mom" if I can't make everything OK!" Plus my head was pounding and I couldn't get a hold of Duncan. Finally we turned to the glider in her room. THANK YOU MRS BROWN!!! After only a couple of second of "gliding" in that chair and talking to her she calmed down, and my headache started going away. Needless to say, that was a heck of a night!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Hey... like the Nike hat? I thought this was so cute. A friend of ours gave it to her since her daughter grew out of it. She looks so cute in it. That smile is so priceless! And "they" say real smiles don't start until around 3.5 o 4 months. No one can convince me that that smile is due to gas!

Now this smile might be from gas! Hahaha

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Let's see... what else is new. This past weekend, we did some shopping. We got a entertainment center. Man is it nice! We were up until almost 3 in the morning trying to put the thing together. Talk about frustration! We were really going to tear each others heads off. I think if it took any longer Makayla would be down to one parent! (I think I would have won! Hehehe) I remember feeling that same frustration when me, my Mom and Grandma put together our first desk. What is it about putting things together that gets to people? Then, Sunday I bought a desk. Duncan went to his 1st SGTs house to watch a wrestling thing, so I put it together all by myself. Mainly because I didn't want a replay of the night before.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

That swing was the best purchase I think I have ever made in my life! It's too bad we bought it the day after we put the entertainment center together. We REALLY needed it that night... REALLY! She loves that thing! She just sleeps her little butt off in there. I have to take her out and wake her up, just so I can play with her.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

You should see her try to crawl. We lay her on her stomach and she kicks those little legs and holds her head up. It's really cute. Earlier while I was doing homework Duncan had her on her stomach on the chair and was talking to her like he was encouraging her to try crawling. He would say something like "You need to get the rest of your body up" or "Push up with your arms." Then I think he would feel bad or something because he was saying, "But your doing really good!!! Look at you go! Your such a big girl, look at you!" When she's trying to crawl she sounds and looks so helpless. Her head doesn't go all the way up and she grunts. Duncan picked her up and said he couldn't watch her struggle any more, it was to sad. It was to freakin cute! I'm not sure if that made sense to anyone besides me... I guess you would have had to been there.

After the "crawling" he gave her a bath. The whole time he was telling her what he was doing, like "Now were gonna wash your hair... are you ready to get out... we forgot the lotion." And so on. I think he was more talking his self through it, but she was content the whole time. She never cried!

In this picture, she's on my lap, and propped up on my knee. This was her favorite hang-out before we got the swing!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And last but definitely not least HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADAM(Tx)! Makayla's cousin Adam turned 1 years old today. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY ISIAH(Ca)! Her other cousin turned 4 years old yesterday! Wow... everyone's growing up so fast! Before you all know it, it will be Kayla's big day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OUR LITTLE ANGEL IS GROWING UP SO FAST. SHE IS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL DOLL. SEE...SHE IS SO GEORGEOUS I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO CALL HER A DOLL OR AN ANGEL. I KNOW, WE WILL DO IT LIKE THIS - DOLL/ANGEL. I LOVE YOU LITTLE ONE.

AUNTY LOUISE