Sunday, April 17, 2005

My little artist!

On my refrigerator is Makayla's first piece of art work. I knew I would be excited the day I was able to put something up on my frig. that was made with her own hands, or in this case, her feet! Her sitter said they are supposed to be indians. Isn't it the cutest piece of art work ever!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This wasn't the only first she has had recently. We went to the zoo last weekend. We didn't stay long cause it was pretty hot. Duncan cracks me up. He has fallen in love with the baby "backpack." It all started with a walk. He wanted to carry her in it for one of the walks we went on. We usually just push her in the stroller, but I pulled that thing out and he wanted to carry her in it. I think its kind of silly looking. I told him that and he said proudly "I'm carrying my daughter... I don't care what it looks like!" (That's the new entertainment center in the background... that took ALL day and half the night to put together. Pretty nice huh?)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

That night we planned on going to the zoo the next day and he said he wanted to carry her in the "backpack." She loves it in that thing. She looks around, from side to side, until she falls asleep. I have no idea how she sleeps in that thing. It looks so uncomfotable. I used one of those carriers in the airports, when me and Kayla went to California, but if I could have used a stroller (conveniently) I would have.

Whenever we go to the zoo, I alway like to see the elephants so we took her over there. I always feel so sorry for them. I sort of torture myself when I go see them because I remember a show I watched on how the "break" an elephants spirits in order for them to stay so calm in captivity. It's really sad.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Duncan's favorite animal is the tiger, so of course we stopped to check him out. He was takin his usual nap. It seems like everytime we go there he is always sleeping. We both do the same thing. We stare at his stomach to make sure we can see it moving up and down. Hahaha... it always makes me laugh. Like they are really going to allow us to see an animal that has died, just laying there!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

There have been advertisments about a new "white" alligator at the Louisville zoo. We were going to stop by there, but the line was ridiculous. We did see the giraffs. They are another favorite of mine.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We recently tried (but decided against) cereal. I mixed some for her in a bowl and fed it to her. She seemed to really like it. It took her a while to get it from the middle of her tounge to the back of her mouth, but she figured it out. I only gave her 3 spoon fulls, and as soon as I sat the bowl down to wait for Duncan to bring us the bottle she screamed at me.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I picked the bowl up and she started getting anxious like she does when she knows her bottle is coming. Its hard to explain how she acts when she knows her bottle is coming, but I will try. I lay her on my lap, and take her burp cloth and lay it on her chest/ under her chin. As soon as she feels that cloth on her she started tightening all her muscles. She pulls her legs and head up like shes trying to do crunches and her little hands turn into "white knuckle" fists. She fixes her mouth in a perfect little "O" shape and starts doing this grunting with the most intense look on her face. As soon as she gets the bottle in her mouth her body loosens back up. Thats how she was acting with the cereal.

We also tried the cereal in the bottle thing. I know... I know..."they" say thats not a good idea, but she did good. She never choked and she slept 7 hours. I know your probably thinking "7 hours! Why would you decide against something like that?" She started having really bad gas. She stopped burping after she took the bottle, which bothered us. All her gas was coming out of the other end, but it really started bothering us when she couldn't sleep at night. I think maybe her stomach was hurting, so we cut the cereal... for now.
Here are some pictures of her trying to crawl! She tries so hard and after a couple of mins. she starts getting frusterated. Her little legs move all over the place, and if she has something to push on, like my leg or hands she will actually move forward.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I have a lot more I can tell you all about, but it is Sunday night and we have to get ready for work tomorrow. Hope you all had a great weekend, and I hope Friday comes quickly for us all!

No comments: