Sunday, March 27, 2005

Happy Easter!

Makayla's first Easter was really layed back. We all just layed around the house and did nothing. It rained all day, so it was a little gloomy. I studied for the test I have tomorrow. Duncan played video games and cleaned the house. And Makayla slept a good 90% of her day away. Right now she's laying on my lap and looking at the picture of herself that is on the screen . She has become such a smiley baby.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Even when she's doing something that she really doesn't like. For instance... her car seat. She really doesn't like being in there unless it's moving. Usually I have to talk to her and make funny sounds and faces at her when we first put her in there. She can't help but let a few smiles slip out. She is also learning how to use her voice for something other than crying or grunting. I forgot how great baby talk sounds. It has been so long since I have been around young kids. I miss the job at the daycare that I had before I joined the military. Having Makayla is better than the daycare job though, because I don't have to send her home at the end of the day. She's all mine!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We dressed her up yesterday and were going to get her pictures taken, but you should have seen the picture place. I think everyone was out trying to get Easter pictures taken. Then we went by the mall to have some pictures taken with the Easter bunny, but he was on break, and we had a bowling date to meet, so that fell through too. I just took a few pictures with my camera instead. I am planning on having some more pictures of her taken this week. Hopefully all of Kentucky won't be there when we go this time. Its kind of funny because she ended up with 3 Easter dresses. The one she has on in the pictures below (which is a little small), one her cousin gave her (which she will be taking the pictures in), and one Grandma gave her which is still a little big for her.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Bowling was really fun, even though im not good at it... at all. I did actually break 100, and beat Duncan one out of three games! YEAH... me!! Kayla slept the entire time. I was surprised because closer to the end of the night they started playing really loud music, and she never budged. It's funny how she sleeps better in the noise. I try putting her in her room to nap during the day, and she will wake up after 30 mins.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Well, I think she's a little tired of laying on my lap. Plus I have to finish studying, so we are going to go. I hope you all had a great Easter!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cousins,

I can't believe how big she is getting. It seems like she looks bigger and more alert every time I view a new post. She has the most beautiful smile. I am really happy for you and Duncan. Sit back and enjoy the ride because the best times are yet to come.

Love Ya,