Friday, March 04, 2005

What a night... and day!

Last night around midnight, Makayla was up for her midnight snack so I figured I would post a few more pictures. I had her in one arm, and the other arm was typing away for your enjoyment. I typed 4 full paragraphs with one hand. I was bragging about how I have learned to do just about everything with one arm, and complaining about how at 1 month old this little girl has already learned how to fight her sleep. I went on with descriptions of each picture and other stuff that I can't remember right now, and what happens?!? I hit the button to post it... and the internet decided I wasn't logged in! So all that hard work, that would have taken 10 mins if I had 2 free arms, but took almost 45 mins, was GONE!!! Makayla had fallen asleep in my lap during all of this, so I figured I better go back to bed before I get really frusterated. Sure enough... as soon as I get up stairs... shes awake again, for another 30 mins. Its a good thing I don't have to go back to work until the 21st of this month.

Which brings me to our day! OK... anyone who has talked to me recently knows that I am dreading the day I have to put Makayla in daycare. Today I figured it would be a good idea to go over to the center to observe and talk to the ladies that will be working in the room she will be in. When I get over there the ladies told me that Makayla's not even registered! I told them I put her on the waiting list when I was pregnant and was told to call when she was born. After she was born, and I called I swear the lady told me she could start on the 15th of March. (I don't start back to work until the 21st, but I took an extra week so I could take her over there for a few hours a day so she could adjust. OK... OK... I needed an adjustment period too!) Come to find out... March 15th is the day I have an appointment to register her for the daycare. So basically she is still on the waiting list and when I go back to work, if nothing opens up for that daycare she will have to go to a FCC member until something does open up! For those that are not military... FCC members are people that watch children in their homes here on post. They are usually the wifes of military men. I was having a hard enough time dealing with Makayla in a facility that has cameras recording each room all day. Now I have to grasp the idea of her in someones house... where I have no idea whats going on. I just have to take some strangers word for it. I know those of you that have been in the game of mommie hood for longer than me are shaking your heads thinking "Everything will be fine, just calm down!" Way back in the day when I pictured myself having kids, I just knew that my Aunty Louise and Aunty Rose would be the ONLY people to watch my children. That was just the way it was going to be... no questions. Now, in a couple of weeks Makayla is going to have to be dropped off with someone... and I don't even know their name yet!!! Ok... I have to stop... im getting a little teary.

So on to the pictures! Heres the princess chillin on daddy chest. She loves to be layed on your chest. Its one of her favorite places.
Hosted by Photobucket.com

She looks a little confused in this shot. I think she gets it from her dad cause thats the same look I get from him after asking him the same question 7 times while hes watching T.V. What is it with men and zoning into the TV?
Hosted by Photobucket.com

Here she is... ready to head to the grocery store. It was snowing outside, but we really needed some food in this house. So im out freezing my butt off. We had to park a mile away because everyone else in Kentucky also decided they just had to get some groceries. I should have held off one more day cause the very next day it was sunny and semi-warm. I'm sure all those people were thinking the same thing. Who knew?
Hosted by Photobucket.com

I also picked up the pictures we had taken of Makayla when she was 2 weeks old, so those will be in the mail soon enough. Which reminds me... Aunty Louise and Jill... I haven't forgotten about either of you. I will e-mail you both the pictures I promised really soon. I'm working on baby time here... so be patient! Im sure you both understand!

No comments: