Wednesday, March 23, 2005

I know... it's been a while.

I cannot believe how busy I have been. It really is crazy how much time this little tiny person requires. She has been busy, busy baby lately. Aside from her first plane trip to meet one side of her family, she also has her first long car trip to meet the other side of her family. That's right... she got back from California on Monday, and that same week she was on the road to Virginia. It was about a 10 and a half hour drive. She did great though. Of course at this age all she does is sleep, so she always does great. :-)

Here's daddy reaching in the back seat while driving, just so the little princess could hold onto his finger. She was a little cranky until she got a hold of that finger, then she was fine but refused to give it back. I'm sure he didn't mind.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Kayla arrived around 12:30 in the morning, which wasn't expected by anyone. Duncan had a key, so he just let himself in and walks calmly into his mom's room, with Makayla. Even though she was scared out of her mind, it didn't last long once she got her hands on Makayla. Her aim was to spoil the baby, and she gave it an honest effort, but Kayla wasn't there long enough. Which is almost a good thing since I am the one that has to live with the little girl. She did have fun with her though. She got to show her off to everyone at work, give her a bath, get her dressed, feed her, and all the other stuff that she just loves doing. Here they are loving each other. You should have seen Makayla studying her face. Especially when she would stick out her tongue, or talk to her. It seemed like Kayla was already trying to copy her with the talking and sticking out of the tongue.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Makayla got the meet two of her second cousins while she was there. They both enjoyed holding her and were really happy that she was strong enough to semi- hold her head up. I have to agree with them... it does make it easier to hold her when you don't have to worry about that head flopping around.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Her great Aunt also really enjoyed getting to meet her. She was just about as determined to spoil her as grandma, but like I said she just wasn't there long enough.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

In this picture she looks so amazed and interested in what her Aunt was saying. This is how she gets when people talk to her. She starts moving her mouth and making noises trying to talk.Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Well, another unfortunate first that she has while she was in Virginia, was her first accident. Don't worry... it really wasn't that bad, but it was an accident. Duncan accidentally hit a deer. I know I was in shock too. Everyone was fine. Makayla was still awake in her car seat, just looking out the window. She never even dropped the binkie out of her mouth. The deer was killed instantly, or at least that's what I tell myself so I don't worry about her suffering. Now... for those that might have a weak stomach, you might want to skip the next picture because it has the "evidence" that insurance companies look for when you say you hit a deer.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Well, aside from her first airplane ride, first car trip and first car accident, she also has her first week in daycare. I ended up getting a list of FCC members, so I started my "interview" process. I called them all, but only three had an opening for an infant. I went to see all of them, but REALLY liked the first one I meet, and that is who takes care of her now. I have been back to work for 3 days and everything is going really well. We dropped her off for a few hours Monday afternoon and went to run errands since I had late shift (4pm to midnight) and the whole time I felt like I wanted to cry. I never actually cried, but that famous "frog" was definitley in my throat the whole day. The next day when I went to work, I had the same feeling, but it just wasn't as intense. And today I had that feeling until lunch time. I went and spent my lunch with her, and after that I was better. Here's a picture of her right before I left her on the first day. I have yet to get one of her and the care provider.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Her care provider really seems to like Makayla. She only takes care of her two sons and Makayla, which was one of the things I really liked. She says she doesn't plan to take any more children any time soon and I sure don't object. The fewer the kids, the more time she has with her handsome little boys, and my precious baby. She always tells me how good Makayla is. I think everyone is surprised at how good she is. She will sit, or lay for an hour sometimes without a complaint. She does the best when she can see you. She really is a good baby... and im not just saying that because she's mine! (I know... we have all heard that one a million time, but im serious! hahaha)

Heres that precious face we have all fallen in love with. This picture was taken yesterday. She sat in her seat for about half an hour before she fell asleep and watched Duncan play on the Internet. Right now shes laying on the couch, watching her daddy watch a Looney Tunes movie. She's been there for a little over an hour. HEY... and she rolled over a few mins ago!!! Well... kinda. She was laying on the middle cushion of the couch and Duncan was sitting on the cushion next to her. All of a sudden she arches her back like a little rolly polly, and ended up on her side (towards her daddy). Then she turned into a wiggle worm and ended up on her stomach, and up pops the head. That's why I say she "kinda" rolled over. I think the weight of daddy on the couch gave her a little help.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Ok... one more thing, then you all can get back to what you were doing. We went to the doctor at the end of last week, because she needed a slip that says its ok for her to be in daycare and she weighed 10 lbs 6 oz and was 21 inches long. This little girl is growing so fast. It's hard to believe this Sunday she will be 8 weeks old. She is so alert and strong for being so young. She holds her head pretty steady now. You should have seen her the other night. It was the cutest thing. She was lying on our bed, on her tummy and was kicking her legs like she was trying to crawl. I put my hands behind her feet and she was actually able to push herself forward with those little leg muscles. I just held my hands still and let her go to work. She went a good 6 inches, before she got frusterated. We both laughed our butts off. We just can't get enough of this girl. What did we ever do before she got here?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well that was absolutely the worst picture I have ever taken. No makeup and my hair was not even close to being fixed...but hey I am sure everyone was looking at Makayla anyway! She was quite cute!!