Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Already one month old!!

I figured if the month of February had 30 days in it, today Makayla would be 1 month old. I can hardly believe it! She is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I couldn't be happier. At one month old she has won the hearts of people across the country... literally. Everyone I talk to from California, Texas, Kentucky and Virginia have fallen in love with her and can't wait to get their hands on her. Soon enough, is all I can say... soon enough!!! As for accomplishments at one month old she is able to hold her head up when you put her on her tummy. Its a little unstable but its up there. She also stays awake for about 2-3 hours in the middle of the day. Yesterday we gave her a bath in an actual baby bath tub and she liked it. Well, I should say... she liked it more than the sponge bath she usually gets on a towel on the counter. She still doesn't like getting her hair washed. I think its because her head gets cold faster than the rest of her body. She loves to be talked to, no matter what its about. The other night Duncan described an entire wrestling match to her and she was perfectly content until he stopped talking. She also loves her mobil hanging on her crib. She doesn't sleep in her own room yet, (she sleeps in a basinet next to our bed) but I put her in there in the morning when I need to take a shower. I usually get about 15 mins to shower and get dressed before she gets bored with the mobil.

Well, here are some pictures since I know thats the main reason you guys all come here! I was going through all the shoes she has and these are the only ones that almost fit. I thought they were really cute, so I had to put them on even though she has about another half an inch before they actually fit!

Hosted by Photobucket.com

This was tonight right after bath time. The towel she is laying on was what she used to get bathed on, but we have upgraded to the baby bath since her belly button stump has finally fallen off. I was so happy to see that thing go. It was driving me nuts.

Hosted by Photobucket.com

Heres me and my pride and joy! I don't really like this picture of me, but for those that visit the page, that don't know what I look like... here I am.

Hosted by Photobucket.com

And daddy and his baby girl. The more he figures her out, the more fun he has with her. He can't get enough of her. I'm sure once she gets older she is going to be a daddys girl, and she'll have him wrapped around her little finger

Hosted by Photobucket.com

It was brought to my attention earlier that leaving comments was limited to people who had an actual blog account. Well, I have changed that. So if you have tried to leave a comment and it wouldn't work, try again. If it still doesn't work, e-mail me and I will try to find the problem. For those that have left messages... thank you for the compliments. They are all going in her scrapbook!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow you look exactly the same as 5 years ago (good Lord 5 years) in Napa. Makayla looks just like her daddy (don't worry A does too). Congrats on the baths, so much nicer when you can bathe without screaming and what a pleasant baby that can sit in her crib alone; you are a lucky woman!

Anonymous said...

Aw, what great pictures. Glad to see what you look like. I hope your next month is as exciting as the first month!

Anonymous said...

Well I can't believe Jacob could help create something so cute. Congrats to both of you! She is absolutely adorable!!