Wednesday, March 16, 2005

We're back...

So... did you miss us? I know, its been a while since I have been on here, but we have had a heck of a couple of weeks. For those that I haven't talked to, or seen, Makayla and I went to California! Thats right... the big CA! We had a lot of fun, but no where near the time we needed. I was able to see the majority of my family, but only a few of my friends. The whole trip was a surprise for about 98% of the people. I had to tell one of my family members, just incase something happened to us on the way there, we wanted someone to know where we were. So my Aunty in Oakland was the lucky one to have to keep the secret, and man did she do a good job! We were able to surprise all of my cousins. But the first place we stopped was my Aunty's house in Sacramento. She was so happy to see us it took all she had to not cry. A couple of tears found there way to the surface, but for the most part, she was strong.

Here she is enjoying her Granddaughter. (I know your probably wondering how my Aunt is Makayla's Grandma. Since my mom isn't here I have about 3 people that are like a second mom to me and this Aunt is definetly one of them.) At first she thought Kayla was going to be really spoiled, but was shocked to find out this little girl will lay wide awake without anyone holding her for a long time if you let her.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My dad was another person we saw when we were in Sacramento. He could not take his eyes off this little girl. He just held her and smiled. This was the first time I have ever seen this man not watching a basketball game that is on TV... right in front of him! My dad is so obsessed with basketball I have seen him watch a basketball game that was being commentated in Spanish! But the beauty queen held his interest, as you can see!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

A friend of mine stopped by my Aunt's house while we were there also. He was impressed and was one of the only people that says she looks like me. Then again... he's never met Duncan, so maybe thats why.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Next we were off to good ole Napa! I had to rush to catch my best friend before she went to pick her son up from school because I knew she would be leaving as soon as she picked him up. And sure enough she told me she was planning on going straight to the mall. But we were able to catch her. She wasn't as strong as my Aunt. She started crying as soon as she layed her eyes on us. She planning a trip to Kentucky sometime next month, so we look forward to seeing her.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Another one of Makayla's "Grandma's" came to see us while we were in Napa. She is my moms best friend from highschool. She couldn't wait to get her hands on this little girl. She called the night before she came to find out what the earliest time was that she could show up the next day! She is such a sweet heart. I can see why mom my made sure they stayed friends all those years.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My brother had to be the funniest person we saw the whole time we were there. My moms best friend and I practically chased him around the house with Kayla, trying to get him to hold her! He refused to even get close to me when I was holding her. I laughed so hard. What was this little 10 LB baby going to do to this grown man? Finally when no one was around I got him to hold her, just long enough for me to snap a picture. He was completly stiff the whole time, but he over came his fear. :-)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I didn't get all the pictures I wanted when we were in Oakland. I was only able to capture 2 of my cousins with Makayla. We all got so caught up talking about her and sharing different "mommie stories" I forgot all about the camera. Heres one of them holding her. He stopped by for only a few mins, and it seemed like after he held her that was all he wanted, because he left right after that.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This other cousin of mine held Makayla almost the whole time she was there. She had to leave for about an hour to take her son to his swimming class, but as soon as she got back, Makayla was right back in her arms. Everyone tried to convince me to leave Makayla with them, but I think she gave the best attempt with the words "You can leave her with me until you get out of the army...I promise I won't have her calling me mommy!" What's so funny is I think she is really serious! Hahaha my family is so crazy.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Makayla was a perfect angel on all the airplanes we went on. The people on the planes looked a little annoyed when we were all boarding. I think they thought she was going to scream the whole time, but she slept most of the time, and just looked around when she was wake.

Here she is making those cute faces that keep my laughing all day!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And here she is showing her angelic side. You can't tell in this picture but her eyes are starting to turn a lighter brown already... I think!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wow... that is a long post! There is so much more I can say, but I better get dinner started. We'll be back soon though... with more surprises!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lil Cous,
Thank you for taking those pics for me, I really appreciate it. I really hate I missed seeing you and Kayla when you where here last week. I hope you can come back for the reunion because she did'nt get to be spoiled by my family. She is getting so big. She looks like she is slamming bottles with no problems. She is definitely becoming a beautiful little princess. Talk to you later.

Love you both,