Sunday, May 08, 2005

Happy Mothers Day!!!

Today is my first Mothers Day, and it was great. I love being a mommy! I found my calling... it's being a mom. I remember telling people "If my mom wasn't my mom... she would be my stalker!" Now I understand... if my Mom thought I was half as great as I think Makayla is, I can see why she was the way she was. All day I have been thinking of my Mom. I wish I could have spent my first Mothers Day with my daughter and Mom. I know my mom and my Grandma were here with us in spirit.

We had a pretty relaxing day. We slept in till around 10 a.m. then went to Denny's for breakfast. We stopped by the mall on the way back. We pretty much stayed at the house the rest of the day. I played with Makayla while Duncan shinned our boots for the up coming week. For some reason he enjoys doing that. I hate shinning my boots. I can iron the uniform, but I really don't like shinning the boots. We also watched a really sweet movie called The Notebook. If you haven't seen that movie, and you like good love stories you really need to see that movie.

Yesterday Makayla and I went to the mall. I didn't have any money with me, but I managed to buy Makayla a pair of glasses and about 4 outfits. Don't ask how I manage to always buy this little girl something, but she just looked so cute in these shades when I put them on her. She had to have them.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

Makayla's newest fascination is her hands. She loves to hold her hands and chew on her fists. In this picture she is going at her fist like it is going out of style. You can also see the eczema on the right side of the face. The left side was SO much worst. The day after I started the cream on her face it was already clearing up. Her face looks perfect and is so soft now.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Well, we are watching Chris Rock's stand up comedy show, so I'm going to end this. I hope all of you great mothers out there had a wonderful day!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Styling and profiling and looking way, cool! I always had a weakness for shades myself. I knew we had a connection the day we met! Cute! Cute! Cute!