Sunday, June 12, 2005

Lazy mommy

I know it's been a little while since I have been on here. Life just gets kind of crazy at times. I seem to use that excuse a lot huh? OK... OK... OK... I'm just really lazy! There... ya happy? The truth shall set you free. LOL

We have been up to a lot lately. Duncan has been in and out of the field and I have just been racking my brain with all kinds of new decisions I need to make. I won't go into any of them right now because I am still in the "planning" and deciding stages. Don't you hate when people do that? They mention something that you end up wanting to hear about, but they just won't tell you what it is. How about this, when I see any of you in person I will tell you about my new issues! Does that make anyone want to come visit? If not, I bet this face does!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Anyways, I think I said in my last post that I was going to tell you about the doctor's visit. It was a really long visit because some people just don't communicate well. I had an appointment at 11:30, but was called a week before and asked if we could come in at 9:00 because the doctor needed to leave early. Not a problem! We got there around 8:45 and didn't get seen until around 11:00. I was so irritated, but I stayed my calm, "go with the flow" self... as usual. Hey, I was getting to spend time with my baby when I was supposed to be working. No complaining from me! Makayla weighed 15lbs 3oz and was 25 and a half inches long. She is in the 75 percentile for her weight and the 90 percentile for her height. This girl is going to be so tall... it's crazy. Then again, what can we expect? Duncan stands at 6'3 and I am tall for a girl standing at 5'7.

I have been working with Makayla in holding her bottle and she has been doing pretty good. I use to just put one of her hands on the bottle while I hold it. Once she started putting that one hand up there on her own, I decided to try both. She will put them both on the bottle, and can hold it for a min, but I think it gets a little heavy for her.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

She has also tried a few new foods lately. She has tried carrots, peas, squash and sweet potatoes. She seems to like them all. I think her favorite is the cereal, and carrots, but I think she gets bored with eating off the spoon sometimes. She will start whining and crying after a few bites, but when I give her the bottle she is perfectly content.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Her favorite toys right now are her blankets and her music toy that she lays under. If she is laying somewhere she will whine until you give her a blanket. She likes to cover her face with them. I had this blanket laying next to her today. Duncan calls me from the other room and when I get there this was the scene.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I don't know if you can tell from her eyes, but she is smiling under there. She had her whole head covered, and when Duncan asked her what she was doing, she pulled the blanket down just below her eyes and smiled.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

She has learned to change the music on this toy. If you push the 2 things that are hanging, the music will change. I don't think she does it to change the music. I think she's just reaching for the butterfly.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

She also owns her first bathing suit. It is the cutest bathing suit I have ever seen. I think just because it is so small. She hasn't been in the water with it yet, but it is really cute.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This weather has been to crazy for swimming lately. This past week is was supposed to rain. Imagine that... rain in June! Man I miss Cali. Anyways... it was super hot this whole week. Just walking 10 steps to your car at 6 in the morning and you need to re-hydrate cause your already sweating!

Well, it's Sunday night and I have a uniform to iron and boots to shine, so i'm outta here. I hope you all have a good week. At least you get to start it with new pictures of the cutie!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is getting so big and so cute (she was always cute). I hope that you feel you made the right decisions when you have made them. However, I do want to hear about them soon!!

Anonymous said...

SHE IS SO CUTE. LOVE TONYA AND KIDS