Tuesday, June 28, 2005

As we prepare to depart

Makayla and I have been getting ready for our trip to Cali! I am so excited. I can't believe at the end of this week I am actually going to be able to meet my sisters for the first time, as well as the rest of my family. I can't wait!! I actually need to call my sister and get the time and airline so I can be there on time. We don't want her waiting on her first trip to California. I hope the weather is nice out there. Makayla has bunch of shorts and her bathing suit will be packed just in case anyone wants to hit the pool or beach. I know we will be going to the beach. Possibly the beach that my Moms ashes were scattered at. That will be nice. I wanted to go back there the last 2 times I was home, but it just didn't happen. I know my sister wants to see a beach, so there's my free ticket.

Makayla has become quite the rollie pollie. We lay her on her back to play and before you can get 2 steps away she is over on her stomach. She usually will stay on her stomach for a few mins. then she starts getting irritated. We roll her back over and as you can guess she pops those legs in the air, throws them to the side and is back over on her tummy. She has even started rolling over in her sleep, or I should say when she is trying to go to sleep. This is how I found her last night... crazy girl.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

She is still working on holding her bottle. I think she has figured out that if she drops it enough times I will just give in and hold it for her. I tried propping her bottle one morning, before daycare, to see if she didn't see me if she would try to hold the bottle. That didn't work to good either. She ended up falling asleep and her left hand just happened to be positioned so that the bottle wouldn't fall. Doesn't she look extra huge in that jean outfit? Anytime I put her in clothes that don't look "babyish" she looks so grown.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We have finally mastered the bath. She never cries anymore. Not even when we rinse her hair. She does gasp for breath as if the water is going over her face and she can't breath. I was looking at how long her hair has gotten and I couldn't help it. I had to buy some rubber bands just to see of we could get a "pony-tail" going. She had the smallest, cutest pony-tail I have ever seen. This was the outcome.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Hey... can you believe Makayla is going to leave me for 9 whole days? Duncan wants to take her to Virginia on the 15th of July. I don't know what I am going to do without her. My entire daily routine evolves around her. When he was telling me he wanted to take her to see his family I started crying. I can't imagine 9 days without her. Most people say... "Hey... you should enjoy the break." I don't need a break yet. Lets wait until she hits her terrible 2's... then we can talk about a break! Hahaha. I will probably be OK, but that is going to be a LONG 9 days without this face...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We are watching the end of CSI right now and even though I have seen this one I always like to see the CSI's break it all down to the criminals. Makes me want to change professions. Hahaha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So how was your trip?? How was the weather? I miss CA so much.