Sunday, July 17, 2005

Gotta love music

Today started off really slow. The fact that I didn't go to bed until around 6am is probably a major reason. I got up around 11 and told myself that I was not going to pace the floors of this house again all day today. So there I was walking back and forth up stairs. Not pacing, but walking back and forth. *wink* After making and remaking my bed, taking a shower and scrubbing the tub, (As if that thing can get any cleaner.) I got dressed and migrated down stairs. I sat down and listen to the new neighbors outside with their children. They just moved in last week and they have 3 daughters. I was tempted to ask if I could borrow just one of them. Instead I e-mailed Diyosa and asked her if I could borrow Yani for a few days. So what do you say? I promise I will have her back to you by Friday night! LOL
Well, instead of plotting on how to temporarily kidnap someone's child I decided to go to Target. On the way I realized I could BLAST my music and listen to all the rap that I don't listen to with Kalie in the car. So there I was... flying down 31W, (rap makes me speed... don't ask why) wondering, "How in the world did I use to enjoy this?" So I turned it down, and slowed down. (Maybe it's loud music that makes me speed. *shrug*) Either way it made me starting thinking of all the music that I love, and the "tag" that was given to me a long time ago by Diyosa. Here let me check........ May 25th to be exact. What a procrastinator! So here we go:

1. Total volume of music files on my computer? As much as I love music I have none on my computer. I recently had to resent my computer to its original state and I lost all my music.
2. The last CD I bought was? More like CDS: Pretty Ricky "Blue Stars", Greatest 90's hits, WOW Gospel, Mariah Carey "Emancipation of Mimi", and the new Bobby Valentino.
3. Song playing right now: SWV "Weak" I know... I know... that is hella old! It's on that Greatest 90s hits CD.
4. Five songs I listen to a lot or that mean a lot to me: I really love inspirational/ motivational music. Lets see, the first 5 songs that pop into my head are Mariah Carey "Hero" and "Anytime You need a friend", Destiny's Child "Survivor" and "Independent Woman", Brandy's "Movin' on" and "Top of the world", and Will Smith's "Just the two of us". OK... so that's more like 7. Be happy I stopped there, cause I could go on for days. I love music! I would listen to music rather than watch TV any day. The Brandy and Destinys Child songs have all been played dozens of times in a row in the past. Thay have all helped me get through really hard times in my life.
5. Ok, now it's my turn to tag 5 people. Let's start with Duncan's sister Jessica, the other Jessica, Steve from high school, and Phaedra. That's her real name. I think it's so cool. Plus Crista and Randi... you guess were tagged with. I guess yall are as bad as me with the procrastination.
Well, I will probably be back later but for now I am going to get something to eat.

No comments: