Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Such an Angel

I don't think I can thank the good Lord above enough for blessing me with such a good baby. Let me tell you what a good daughter I have. The other night Duncan and I went to O'Charleys for dinner with my whole unit. There was maybe 25 of us all together. Everyone met around 6:30 but we ended up having to wait because there was a party of 20 before us. I'm sure you can all imagine that it was pretty late when we finally got out of there and on our way home. We got home around 9pm and Makayla got her second wind. She was laughing at everything. She was rolling around and screaming playfully. I laid her in her bed while I took a shower and when I got out she was still up, laughing and playing. I turned off all the lights and sat with her in her glider and finally she relaxed and was ready for bed. So I laid her in her bed, and she rolled over and went to sleep.
Well, Last night I guess she thought she was going to stay up late again but she was fed, bathed and ready for bed by 7:30. I read to her and put her to bed at 8:00. After an hour of CSI I went up stairs to check on her and there she was... just laying there playing with her pacifire and blanket quietly. I had the light in the bathroom on so she could see a little. We got ready for bed and half way through Coach Carter she was still awake, just playing quitely in her bed. It was around 9:45 when she finally drifted to sleep. I can't get over what a good baby she is. Aunty Louise was right when she said I wouldn't have anything to worry about.
Makayla has picked up a few new things. Not only does she roll none stop, but she can scoot forward to get something that she wants. She also loves the mirror and has learned to "dance." I stand her on my dresser in front of the mirror and say "dance-dance-dance" and she stomps her foot or bobs up and down. It is so cute! Sometimes she will do it without the mirror, but the mirror guarantees a dance for at least a few seconds. I have to figure out how to get video on here so you all can see it.
She has had a rash for the last few days so every chance I get I lay her on a blanket on the floor with no diaper and let her bottom "air-out." She loves it! I fan her bottom with a diaper and she just lays there with a look of relief. When I stop fanning she starts smiling and laughing.
Well, I have to get off the computer. I have to head to the hospital and make sure my shots are up to date. I think I need 2. YUK!

No comments: