Tuesday, August 16, 2005

bye-bye toothless

The other night I was introducing Kayla to the sippy cup. While she was rolling it around with her tongue I noticed her gums looked really white in one spot. After hearing from numerous people that babies gums turn really white before the teeth pop out I stuck my finger in there thinking "I bet were getting close now!" We are pasted close... we are there! A tiny, but extremely sharp, white tooth has made its way through the gums. I was so excited I started clapping and saying "yeaaaah Kalie!!" She looked so happy, but confused at the same time. She was probably thinking "I don't know what I did, but I'm happy that you're happy!"
Makayla is becoming more and more determined to get what she wants. I lay her on my bed on her belly and lay things in front of her, but out of reach. She will get her knees under her, throw her face into the bed, and wave her arms all over the place. It is the funniest thing to watch. After a few tries of getting no where she starts rotating in a circle... probably looking for something closer that she can grab. She had become very good at scooting, rotating and even rolling from her back, to her stomach and back again. Sometimes when she is trying to roll from her tummy to her back she forgets to put her arm up and it prevents her from rolling. She will strain her neck in all directions looking for me. When she sees me she will huff and puff with a smile on her face as if telling me "I gave it my all... now help me out." She is just too cute!

No comments: