Thursday, September 01, 2005

$38.00!!!

I can't get over the gas prices. Driving home yesterday after work gas was $2.45 and people were literally wrapped around the block waiting in line. We even had MPs directing traffic. Of course seeing all those people made me panic, so I jumped in line, only to find out that they ran out of unleaded and only had premium for $2.81! Well, I turned around and decided to wait till morning. At 6am this morning it was $2.71, there was still no unleaded and the line was wrapped around the block again. I was running late (as usual) so I waited till lunch. At lunch the line was wrapped around the block again so I went off post. People have been saying that they waited in line for over 2 hours yesterday to get gas! I just paid $3.09 a gal which ended up being $38.00 for 12.263 gals. I have to call someone from Cali tonight and find out how it is out there. It usually ranges from 30 to 40 cent more than here! I don't know how you all do it. I don't know what I am going to do when I get back there. Honestly I might not be there for to long once I get out of the military. Other... CHEAPER states are starting to look a little more tempting!
At least my gas tank will stay full for the next 4 days. We have a 4 day weekend and Duncan, Kalie and I are flying to Virginia to visit his family. We are looking forward to it. Finally a break from Knox. I'm interested in seeing how well Makayla flys now. This will be her 4th plane trip. She is so much more active now and stays awake a lot longer, so we will see what happens. Wish us luck and enjoy your Labor Day weekend!

No comments: