Sunday, March 26, 2006

Morning at the parks

The weather finally got nice enough to go to the park today. I put her in her wagon and we went to 2 parks. Doesn't she look excited about being out of the house? The weather has been so cold around here lately we can't do much except go walk around Walmart, or the mall.
Image hosting by Photobucket
One of the parks we can see if we look out our back window, and the other is down the street. It is actually the playground for the elementary school I know Jill knows where I am talking about. For those of you that don't know Jacob and his family were here at Fort Knox when Jacob was around 7 years old. They actually lived in a house right down the street from where we live now. He tells me some of the most interesting stories about when they were there. Most of the stories make me so happy I have a girl. LOL
Here is Kayla when she first got out of her wagon. She seemed really nervous about walking in the grass. I think its because it was so uneven.
Image hosting by Photobucket
She stayed in one spot and pointed at everything she saw. The funny part was when she started walking and fell. (Sounds mean huh?) This little girl would NOT let her hands touch the ground. She even broke one falls with her forehead because she was trying to keep her hands off the ground. It reminded me of Diyosa talking about how her daughter never wants to get her shoes dirty. LOL When Kayla would fall she would try to stand up using her arms, without putting her hands on the ground. I couldn't stop laughing. Unfortunately I couldn't get a picture of it. When I went to take a picture of that my camera said that my memory card was full. :-( Sorry... maybe next time.
Image hosting by Photobucket
Once she got walking there was no stopping her. We walked over to this gate and visited with the dog. She really enjoyed him. I did too until he threw that big stick at my baby! Of course he only wanted to play, but if I didn't grab her when I did it would have smacked her on the head. When this dog stands on his hind legs his head and shoulders are over the fence. He could jump out of he really wanted to.
Image hosting by Photobucket
Yesterday we went to Value City to look at some lawn furniture that I am going to get. Of course she read most of the way. I turned the music off so she could read to me. It lasted about 10 mins. It was really sweet.
Image hosting by Photobucket
And in case any of you are wondering... this is the new way to wear necklaces. Makayla is setting a new trend! LOL
I love this girl!
Image hosting by Photobucket
Makayla hads her 1st "Incendent Report" written up on her on friday. I know the words "incedent report" sounds so bad. Try hearing this over your voice mail "Hello Melani this is Mrs. Graves from Kaylas class room. Can you call me back when you get a second. Makayla is fine, but she had an incedent this morning that I would like to tell you about." My heart jumped out of my chest! I just pictures some kid biting her, or her biting some kid, or her falling and bumping her head. A million things ran through my head. I called back and she told me that when they were serving breakfast one of the ladies put grits into a bowl and Makayla reached in to grab them, but they were still really hot. Of course Kayla screamed. The lady got the grits off of her hand as quick as she could and put a cold towel on her hand. There was no blistering or anything like that. I was so relieved to hear that. It might sound weird but I was thinking "thank God she only burned her hand." A lot worst could have happened.
I gotta run. I just laid Kayla down for a nap. Now I have the rest of our day to plan out. Hope you all have a great week.

No comments: