Monday, February 20, 2006

Snow... snow... go away...

It snowed here in KY the other day, and the snow still has not melted. Me and Makayla had a chance to go outside and play in it. She didn't really "play" but it was fun. I don't think she was as thrilled about the snow as I was. I was excited for a while, then we had to do some running around. That is when I was ready for this suff to melt. I hate driving around in the snow. My Mazda seems so light when the roads are icy.

Here is my little Knox house... all covered in snow. One thing I love about when it snows is how beautiful the trees look when the snow is covering them.

Image hosting by Photobucket



As you can see from the pictures... I could not get her to smile to save my life. She wanted nothing to do with the cold. I think she was uncomfortable in all the clothes.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

She has this thing right now about standing on cement. For some reason she won't sit down if you place her on cement. She will stand there until you pick her back up. In this picture she didn't want to let go of my finger.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Once I slipped my finger out of the tight little grip she stood there for a few moments while I snapped a shot or two and waited patiently for me to pick her back up. Not once while we were out there did she crack a smile. Not even a grin!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Now... there is a sunny day we went over to the park to swing. I think I already posted a picture from this day on a previous post, but I really love her look on this picture. It is so sweet and innocent.

Image hosting by Photobucket

This picture isn't so sweet, but it was the only way I could get a shot of her teeth. I had to make her mad so she would yell at me, then I took the shot and gave her lots of hugs and kisses to make up for it! She has all 8 of her front teeth finally and actually has 1 moller all the way in and another on the way. I don't know if you can see the two front top teeth, but my daughter has a GAP!!! I really hope that fixes it self!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Here she is a few moments before I decided I had to have a picture of the teeth. This was Valentines day and she is with the elephant her daddy got her. This is the second valentines day she had a stuffed animal that was bigger than she was.

Image hosting by Photobucket

I'm sure we all remember this picture! Look how tiny my baby was. It is really crazy how time flies. (Sorry it's so small. Last time I put this on the site I resized it down to this size and it won't let me go back to the regualr size without destorting the picture.)

Hosted by Photobucket.com

Here is the big girl we are used to seeing! She was showing me her block that came with one of the toys Sally sent her for Christmas. This is her way to say "Thank you Sally. We love you!"Image hosting by Photobucket

Here she is all bundeled up and ready for daycare. It gets really cold around her at 0530 (5:30am for you civilians).

Image hosting by Photobucket

This was another cold day. Are you seeing the pattern here? At least soon winter will be over. Then you all will see the cute spring/summer clothes she has already. She is in 24 months already... can you believe that?

Image hosting by Photobucket

Another sweet face for me.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Makayla is starting pick up on everything I show her. If you look at the toy in her right hand it is a blue cirlce. Well... in her left hand she is turning the container to find the right spot that it goes in. So far she has learned the red square and the blue circle. This little girl is so smart. It amazed me how much she picks up.
Image hosting by Photobucket

Here she has found the blue circle and is putting her toy in the slot! And incase you are wondering... yes that is a watch on her wrist. It didn't last to long, but is was really cute.

Image hosting by Photobucket

This girl loves hanging out with her dad. Especially when she lets her play with his phone. I don't let her play with mine so she loves this!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Makayla is still being stubborn and refusing to walk. She takes a few steps here and there, but once she realizes what she is doing she flops down to the ground. I don't know what else I can do to make her walk. I will just have to wait until she gets confident in herself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My little cousin is so active!!! I cannot wait to see her again,I can tell she has a warm sweet spirit!!!
love always,
chrishaun "cre"

Anonymous said...

My beautiful niece and her little Makayla: May they be healthy, wealthy, and wise. Much love to them both.